Recipe by weekend cooker
very low-calorie, refrigeration time is overnight, and standing time is 30 minutes.
Top Review by WiGal
I loved this! Love colored bell peppers. Flavor combination is perfect and and prep is very easy. Served with asparagus, recipe#36375, roasted asparagus, and recipe#21881. Thank you for sharing.
- 946.36 ml baby sweet peppers
- 118.29 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml grated lemon rind
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 85.04 g baby mozzarella cheese (balls)
- 59.14 ml fresh small basil leaves
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange the baby peppers in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly roll pan, and broil peppers for 4 minutes on each side or until blackened and tender.
- Cool, Combine peppers, olive oil, garlic cloves, lemon rind, red pepper, salt,and mozzarella balls, and toss.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight, tossing after 6 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Stir in basil leaves, and lemon juice before serving.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.