Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Fresh Food Fast. These need to stand at least two days before using. Store in a cool, dark place for 2-3 weeks. The oil will solidify in the refrigerator. Use peppers and chillies in salads and pastas. Leftover oil can be used as a salad dressing.
- 6 bell peppers, mix of red, orange and yellow
- 2 large red chilies, dried
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 18 ounces extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high. Quarter the peppers, deseed them, and lay them skin side up in a grill pan. Grill for 5-10 minutes until the skin begins to blister and blacken.
- Seal the peppers in a plastic food bag. Leave until cool enough to handle, then peel off skins.
- Pierce the chillies here and there with a sharp knife, and tear the bay leaves slightly to release a little of their oils. Put the chillies and bay leaves in a bowl with the peppers. Pour in olive oil to cover and leave until cold.
- Tightly pack the peppers, chillies and bay leaves into sterilized jars to the neck then top with the oil you poured over them, adding more if necessary so the peppers are well covered.
- Secure with a lid and leave for at least two days in a cool, dark place before use.