Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
From a Junior League cookbook
Make and share this Marinated Pepper Crusted Beef Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (5 lb) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine port, soy sauce, oil, 1 teaspoons pepper, thyme, Tabasco, garlic and bay leaf in bowl and mix well.
- Place beef in large shallow dish. Pour wine mixture over beef. Marinate in refrigerator, tightly covered, 8 to 10 hours, turning occasionally. Drain beef, reserving marinade. Bring marinade to boil in saucepan. Boil 3 minutes and remove from heat. Discard bay leaf.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat beef with coarsely ground pepper. Place beef on rack in roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into beef.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F for medium rare or 150 degrees F for medium, brushing frequently with warm reserved marinade.