12 hrs 15 mins
I prepare this on special occasions such as a romantic New Year's Eve dinner or my husband's birthday. Though I prefer tarragon, you could use basil leaves or rosemary instead. I keep it simple, serving with oven roasted herbed-potatoes (over which the sauce is excellent) and fresh asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For marinade: Combine wine, soy sauce, garlic, tarragon and pepper in a shallow bowl large enough to contain both breasts side by side.
- 2Marinate the breasts overnight.
- 3Just before cooking, strain marinade liquid into saucepan.
- 4Heat a large saute pan without any oil.
- 5Score the fatty side of each breast several times.
- 6Pan-roast breasts, FAT-side down for about 2 minutes.
- 7Turn to flesh side, and cook another 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from saute pan to cutting board.
- 9At the same time as you are cooking the breasts, bring marinade to boil, adding butter and sherry.
- 10Boil vigorously 5 minutes or until slightly reduced and beginning to thicken.
- 11Slice breast thinly on the bias, away from the fat.
- 12Return the slices BRIEFLY to the hot saute pan to brown.
- 13By this I mean literally lay each slice in the pan, immediately turn it over, and remove.
- 14This will cook the duck medium rare.
- 15Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Pan- Roasted Duck Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.6
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 341.6 mg
- Sodium 2271.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 62.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: