This is a great flavored quick fix dinner. We sometimes add red pepper flakes into the marinade just before cooking it for some extra ZIP. Glorious over steamed Jasmine rice. Prep time includes marinade time.
- Stir together orange juice and peel, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Reserve 1/2 cup and put the rest into a bowl.
- Add chicken to marinade in bowl.
- Let sit 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick 10 inch skillet.
- Drain marinade from chicken, discarding it.
- Add chicken to hot oil in skillet.
- Stir fry approximately 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is a pale white and done.
- Take the reserved marinade and add the cornstarch, stirring unti smooth.
- Pour into skillet with the chicken.
- Heat until boiling,stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Add pea pods.
- Lower heat.
- Simmer, covered for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
Nice blend of flavours, I included the chillie flakes, got a nod of approval from friends. I threw in some red capsicum and some small broccoli florets.
This was a great stir-fry, Michelle. I ended up using 3 cloves garlic, because we realllly like it. The sauce had a nice orange-soy sauce flavor that we liked. I used the pea pods but also thew in a few sliced mushrooms and water chestnuts. I served it over steamed Jasmine rice, like you suggested. We had a terrific dinner. Thanks for the recipe.
Great flavour witth added chili - I also bump up the vegetables with water chesnuts, bamboo shoots, baby corn and red capsicum.