Recipe by Michelle S.
This is a great flavored quick fix dinner. We sometimes add red pepper flakes into the marinade just before cooking it for some extra ZIP. Glorious over steamed Jasmine rice. Prep time includes marinade time.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together orange juice and peel, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Reserve 1/2 cup and put the rest into a bowl.
- Add chicken to marinade in bowl.
- Let sit 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick 10 inch skillet.
- Drain marinade from chicken, discarding it.
- Add chicken to hot oil in skillet.
- Stir fry approximately 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is a pale white and done.
- Take the reserved marinade and add the cornstarch, stirring unti smooth.
- Pour into skillet with the chicken.
- Heat until boiling,stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Add pea pods.
- Lower heat.
- Simmer, covered for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.