Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 large vidalia onions
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 8 fluid ounces white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice the onions ¼ inch thick and separate the rings.
- Mix all ingredients in a container you can cover and shake, and store in the refrigerator.
- Marinate at least 24 hours before serving.
These are a fabulous addition to any meat. I let them sit to room temperature and served them on top of grilled prime rib steaks, better than sauteed onions for the summer. Good on roast beef sandwich. A great idea for serving at BBQ's and potlucks. They would be good for sandwiches, steaks, burgers, salads, chicken, chops, plain etc... A great easy recipe and very versitile.
Made the onions, left them to marinate for a week, served them with almost any type of food, a second jar is in the making!!
These are sooo yummy on BBQ pork sandwiches! I also put them on my turkey sandwiches for lunch, and it's just AWESOME!! And, yes, I must admit..I am guilty of eating them straight from the container:) I also added a clove or two of minced fresh garlic (can't get enough)!! Definite keeper in my book!! Thanks so much for the great recipe! ~Manda