Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Many grocery stores now carry bulk olives. I buy large bulk green olives, with pits, and dress them up with this flavor-packed marinade. It's a wonderful appetizer during the summer when fresh herbs are plentiful. Serve with wine and cheese for a wonderful summertime appetizer.
- 2 cups green olives, large size, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh lemon zest (from one lemon)
- In a food processor or blender, mix all the herbs, garlic and lemon juice. Slowly add olive oil and blend. Add zest.
- Pour marinade over olives. They can be served immediately but will improve with a day to marinate.
Loved the big green olives. Easy simple recipe with tons of flavor. I marinated the day before and then I actually heated mine up to serve. It was for my LEMON PARTY and we had other cold dishes and I have had warm olives before and always enjoyed them, so I just heated slightly at they were a hit. However they were awesome cold too. I did add just a bit more olive oil probably just another teaspoon, but I could put in a few extra olives too. It was just perfect. I'll be making it again for sure. Thx for a great easy, delish post.
Exactly what I was looking for, and easy! The marinade goes cloudy in the fridge but just take it out before serving and it gets better. I used on both green and black olives- I can't believe I nearly paid extra to have them pre-marinaded! Next time I might add chilli.