Recipe by WhoKnew?
I think this would make a nice accompaniment to a drinks & snacks evening. The time listed to prepare includes 8 hours chill time in the refrigerator. From Betty Crocker's Cookbook, 1972.
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 peppercorns, crushed
- 16 ounces black olives, whole, pitted, & drained or 16 ounces stuffed green olives
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and peppercorns in large, tightly covered jar.
- Add olives; cover & shake to coat olives evenly with liquid.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours; tipping jar occasionally to distribute marinade.
- approximately 5 hours prior to serving, wash & drain tomatoes.
- Cut each in half and add to marinade in jar.
- Shake to coat.
- To serve, remove vegetables with slotted spoon.