Hey Jude's Note:
Easy, casual appetizer to serve with cocktails! Recipe from the Chicago Sun-Times FOOD section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups mixed whole unpitted olives, such as kalamata,nicoise and picholine
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 slices orange zest, colored portion only
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, slivered
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1Place olives in a 1-quart glass or ceramic jar and set aside.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine oil, thyme, rosemary, fennel seed, zest, pepper flakes, bay leaf and garlic; heat on very low for 10 minutes.
- 3Pour oil and seasonings over olives; add lemon juice and close the jar.
- 4Turn a few times to distribute the seasonings; let cool to room temperature.
- 5Store in the fridge for no longer than 4 days Before serving, bring olives to room temperature and drain off most of the oil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated olives
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.1
- Calories from Fat 778
- Total Fat 86.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: