Recipe by JackieOhNo!
There is a lovely little French cafe I have been to that serves the best olives on the table. The secret is in the marinade. Instead of purchasing seasoned olives from your local olive bar, try seasoning them yourself. You'll be very pleased with the outcome. Also makes a lovely gift.
Top Review by Annacia
I whipped up last night and let them get all happy together in the fridge all night. Just had some with lunch and they are very tasty indeed. I especially enjoyed the addition of the fennel. Be sure to use good firm olives.
- 8 ounces oil-cured black olives
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, cut into thin slivers
- 2 slices orange peel (about 2x1/2-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pinch fennel seed
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (to garnish)