Recipe by Luschka
Great with cocktails!
Top Review by jimani
I live in the middle of nowhere where "olive bars" are unheard of. I have tried other recipes for marinated olives with less than good results. THIS recipe, however, shines!! It is better than any olive bar olive and certainly better than other recipes I have tried. I think it is because of the method. Heating the oil and then the olives really brings up the flavor. Thank you so much for posting. I highly recommend this recipe.
- 450 g mixed olives, in olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary or 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and squashed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the olive oil in a frying pan with the rosemary sprigs, garlic, bay leaves and oregano and cook gently, stirring for 5 minutes to infuse the oil.
- Add the olives and toss well to coat in the spiced oil, then cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 – 10 minutes until soft and shiny.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer olives, garlic, bay leaves and herbs to a rustic serving dish and serve hot, warm or at room temperature.