Recipe by Dib's
Leave on the stems for little serving handles. Something different for the condiment tray to suprise your friends with! From Nathalie Duprees Southern Memories Cookbook.
Top Review by realbirdlady
Simple, and a nice balance of flavors. I would use this more as a summer snack, something to grab out of the refrigerator when you want something to eat but you can't decide what it is. I found it difficult to drain enough to get something workable for finger food. It might work better with very small okra.
- 2 lbs okra
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small grated orange, rind of (no white attached please)
- 3 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam or blanch the okra for 3-5 minutes.
- Plunge into cold water-drain and set aside.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, orange peel, juice, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Whisk well, pour over okra and marinate several hours or overnight.
- Drain and arrange on a serving platter to be eaten as finger food.