The Red Lion Inn is in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, USA and this recipe is adapted from the Red Lion Cookbook. I have posted this because I made them for hubby and want the recipe where I can find it. The addition of Tabasco sauce sets this apart from most other marinated mushroom recipes. ZWT REGION: USA.
- Peel and slice onion into thin rounds, put into a plastic container with a lid.
- Wash and pat dry mushrooms, add to onion rounds.
- In a saucepan mix remaining ingredients and bring to boil, mixing well.
- When slightly cooled, pour over the mushroom/onion mixture and when cool enough, place in the fridge for 1-2 days to marinate.
- Variation: fresh herbs like oregano, thyme and sage can also be added according to preference.