Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for ZWT 7- Italy. I found this on alleasyrecipes.com.
Make and share this Marinated Mushrooms (Funghi Marinati) recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised with the flat of a knife
- 6 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb small whole fresh mushrooms
- Combine the oil, water,lemon juice,bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns and salt in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet, and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain this marinade through a sieve and return it to the skillet; bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Drop the mushrooms into the marinade and simmer, turning them over from time to time, for 5 minutes.
- Let the mushrooms cool in the marinade. Serve them at room temperature or, after they have cooled, refrigerate them and serve cold. (The mushrooms will keep in the refrigerator at least 2 days.).
- Before serving, lift the mushrooms out of the marinade with a slotted spoon, draining them carefully, and arrange them on a platter or in a serving bowl.
A nice light marinate that does not over power the mushrooms. Was luck to be able to get button mushrooms, which did help make this into a very nice appetizer. Made as written. Thanks for the post.
These mushrooms really get flavorful after about 3 hours chilled. I minced the garlic (so there would be some o each mushroom and cut down on the oil just a little. I hand-selected the smallest button mushrooms I could find. I think if you can only fond larger ones, you should cut them into halves. Lovely side dish. Thanx!