Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make this dish a day ahead of time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms
- 1 head cauliflower
- 5 celery ribs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb black olives (pitted)
- Clean and quarter the mushrooms. Cut cauliflower into bite size florets. Trim celery into 3 inch lengths.
- In a large pot combine lemon juice, vinegar, water, oregano, basil and salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon transfer mushrooms to a bowl. Add cauliflower to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon transfer cauliflower to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Raise heat to high and boil until reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
- Remove from heat strain and whisk in the olive oil to blend well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over vegetables in bowl. Add celery and olives, cover and refrigerate.