Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great addition to your hors d'oeuvre platter for your next cookout. From Pampered Chef.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms (medium, 50-60)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- Clean mushrooms and set aside.
- Crush garlic.
- For marinade, combine all ingredients in Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; simmer,uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand until cooled slightly.
- Transfer mushrooms and marinade to container; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, drain marinade from mushrooms.
- Transfer mushrooms to serving dish.
Heavenly! I made these as part of an antipasti platter I had out for a New Year's Eve party, and all 2 pounds were gone before the evening was over! Super easy and BIG on taste. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe makes terrific mushrooms! The flavor is a perfectly tangy and savory. I added a thinly sliced bermuda onion after cooking for color and a little crunch. Next time am going to try this recipe with zuchini sticks and broccili. Thank you!