Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice, tangy little mushroom "salad" that is a yummy accompaniment to a variety of meals, and is a delicious addition to a relish or antipasto tray, or served as a marinated salad. Best served at slightly room temperature. Yield is approximate (mushrooms tend to "shrink down").
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sugar, to taste if you prefer a little sweeter
- 1 teaspoon brine, from pepperoncinis
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages white mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped bell pepper (any or all colors)
- Combine all marinade ingredients.
- Gently stir in mushrooms and peppers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve as a marinated salad on lettuce leaves, or as a snack/appetizer.
Yum! Easy snack. Great for parties, since it can be made in advance.