Recipe by Toby Jermain
this recipe is a variation on one I got from my sister. These are a great addition to an antipasto platter or a luncheon buffet, or for poppingin your mouth every time you open the fridge. They will keep much longer than they are likely to last. Prep time included marinating time.
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 lbs small fresh mushrooms, cleaned,tough ends of stems cut off
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients except mushrooms and parsley.
- Add mushrooms, quartered or sliced if desired or if you had to use large mushrooms.
- Cover and let marinate at least overnight (or longer) in refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley during the last 2 hours.
- After use, strain and save marinade for next time.