Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
A very zesty mushroom dish. I served these as appetizers but would be fine as a side dish. From TOH. Chill time is 8 hours.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Wash and remove stems from mushrooms; discard stems.
- Put mushroom caps in a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to boiling; lower heat, cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain mushrooms and allow to cool.
- In a salad dressing jar (I use my Good Season's dressing jar) with tight fitting lid, add the salad dressing mix, water, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, parsley, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Close the jar lid and shake well to combine.
- Put mushrooms in a bowl; pour dressing over mushrooms; stir to coat.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.