Top Review by peppermintkitty
Wow! these are tastier than any I've found at a salad bar. The only changes I made were adding a little more red wine vinegar and 2T of brown sugar instead of one. we like ours a little more tart and sweet. these were perfect! also, my steamer pan is small, so I steamed the 1 minute, turned them over and steamed 1 min. more. This is very easy to prepare and I will make it everytime they put mushrooms on sale. Thanks for posting this!
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, steamed 1 minute
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer all ingredients except mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Steam mushrooms for 1 minute and drain.
- Add marinade to mushrooms and toss lightly.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 24 hours, or up to a week.
- Remove from refrigerator an hour before serving.