- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, peeled,grated on large holes of box grater (this will create a good puree but leave the skin behind)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb button mushroom, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil until brown and then add the tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper.
- Simmer until all the liquid has evaporated and a thick sauce remains.
- Pour the lemon juice over the mushrooms and leave for 10 minutes.
- Saute the mushrooms in the remaining olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.