- 2 lbs mushrooms
- 3 quarts water
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- prepare mushrooms by wiping clean and removing stem. if they're really large cut in halves or quarters. in a large pot, bring water to a boil, halve the lemon and squeez the juice into water and toss in the rinds
- remove water from heat and add mushrooms blanch in lemon water for 3 minutes.
- drain. mix together remaining ingredients and pour over the mushrooms in a covered container.
- refridgerate at least 1-2 hours before serving.
- drain and serve with toothpicks.