Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These mushrooms are fresh, delish and the lemon juice adds a little something extra. Can be used as a side dish for most meals. Prep time does not include marinating time
- 16 ounces white mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Clean the mushrooms and place in large bowl, plastic container or ziplock bag.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil and pepper and pour over mushrooms.
- Let marinate for 30 min - 3 hours; make sure to turn the mushrooms in the marinade once in awhile.
- Heat pan at medium heat and cook the mushrooms in their marinade. Keep stiring/turning until cooked through but not mushy; approx 15-20 min.
I did add a bit of finely minced garlic to the recipe and let them marinate all day. Used small bite sized cremini's and we loved them a lot. :D
These were awesome! I marinated mine overnight and the lemon flavor was very pronounced but very good. Served with a salmon dish and the tastes were great together!
Tasty little mushrooms! Marinated mine for about 2 1/2 hours and they had a bright lemony flavor that was nice with the bite of the pepper. As another reviewer mentioned I think garlic would be a great addition. Thanks for sharing the recipe!