1/1 Photo of Marinated Mushrooms
These will go really fast, and take a week to make, so I make a bunch at a time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 lbs medium mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 tiny dried red peppers or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon oil (you can use more if you want to!)
- 1In large pot combine water and 1 1/2 Tbs.
- 2salt; bring to a boil.
- 3Add mushrooms and boil 2 min.
- 4Drain; reserve cooking liquid.
- 5In saucepan combine 1 1/2 cup reserved liquid, vinegar all spices, and remaining 1 tbs salt.
- 6Boil for 5 min.
- 7Pack mushrooms in heat resistant jars.
- 8Pour liquid over them and add shallots and garlic.
- 9Add enough reserved liquid to cover, and a tbs.
- 10of oil.
- 11Cover and refrigerate for about 1 week, shaking occasionally.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (3141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8770.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried red peppers