Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These will go really fast, and take a week to make, so I make a bunch at a time.
Make and share this Marinated Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 lbs medium mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 tiny dried red peppers or 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon oil (you can use more if you want to!)
- In large pot combine water and 1 1/2 Tbs.
- salt; bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and boil 2 min.
- Drain; reserve cooking liquid.
- In saucepan combine 1 1/2 cup reserved liquid, vinegar all spices, and remaining 1 tbs salt.
- Boil for 5 min.
- Pack mushrooms in heat resistant jars.
- Pour liquid over them and add shallots and garlic.
- Add enough reserved liquid to cover, and a tbs.
- of oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 week, shaking occasionally.
I just opened up a jar of the Mushrooms, They are Delicious. I also used the brown button mushrooms. This recipe is a keeper,Thank you so much for posting it. :)
This one is one of my "always in the fridge" things. It works best for me with those little brown buttons. I do leave out the allspice though.
I love marinated mushrooms and decided to make a batch of these to give for gifts at Christmas with some other goodies. This recipe made 3 pint sized jars perfectly. One of my jars didn't seal but it's OK, they still tasted great and everyone I'm sure is going to love them.