Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Good as an appetizer or on a salad. Cooking time is chill time. From The Best Recipes in the World by Mark Bittman
- 1 lb button mushroom, trimmed and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley leaves (to garnish)
- Combine the mushrooms, oil and lemon juice in a bowl with a small pinch of salt and some pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to several days, tossing occasionally.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, then garnish and serve.