Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cooking the mushrooms really gets the marinade and spices in the shrooms. These are always a hit served as an appetizer at a get together.
- In a non-aluminum saucepan, combine vinegar with 1 1/2 cups water and heat to boiling.
- Add cleaned mushrooms (clean with damp cloth, not water so they don't absorb the water);.
- boil 2 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid.
- Cool mushrooms for 1 hour.
- Mix the 1/2 cup reserved liquid with the Italian dressing and seasoning; pour over cooled mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- I prefer them warm but they are also delicious cooled.
Delightful appy - I made these and they were snapped right up! Qucik and tasty - these are a nice crowd pleaser! Thanks for posting!! **Made for Beverage Tag 2007**