Purchasing marinated mushrooms at a deli can be quite expensive. These will rival any that you can buy and will save you a ton of money! These make a wonderful addition to an antipasto platter.
- 4 cups whole mushrooms, cleaned & stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients to make marinade.
- Pour over mushrooms and stir gently to coat.
- Cover container and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir or shake mushrooms occasionally, to ensure contact with marinade.
- Optional: If you prefer, use 1/2 cup of your favorite olive oil, instead of 1/4 cup olive oil & 1/4 cup vegetable oil.