- 8 -12 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean mushrooms and slice. Combine in bowl with onion and green pepper strips.
- Mix together in a separate bowl the vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, salt, water, black pepper, and hot sauce.
- Pour over the mushrooms, onions, and peppers. Marinate in refrigerator for several hours, stirring once or twice.