Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
antipasto platters have become really popular here in NZ...one of my fav summertime lunches, along with some great NZ wine of course. =)
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1 -2 clove garlic, according to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- If mushrooms are very small leave whole.
- If not, slice thinly.
- Peel garlic and cut in to slivers.
- Mix the mushrooms, oil, lemon juice, marjoram, garlic and pepper.
- Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve as part of an antipasto platter.
Easy, tasty and less oily than when you buy this in a jar. Marinated them for 5 hours, there was a little left and I must say that the next day they tasted even nicer. The only thing I did different is that I added some salt.
The lemon juice was what made this simple recipe very good! I far prefer that above using vinegar. Loved the garlic. I used more mushrooms, I think 250 g, and increased the marinade ingredients likewise. Loved the garlic! Also, many recipes use cooked mushrooms and I wanted to use mine raw, like in this recipe. It was part of a large, healthy platter of salad ingredients with leftover sliced roast chicken breast and vinaigrette dressing. Thanks, Evie*, haven't seen you around but hope you still visit this site!
These were awesome! I made them as an additional low carb, low fat side dish and they were gobbled up! I added some thyme, but otherwise made them as directed and will do so again. Thanks Evie!