Recipe by Chef Dudo
Saw this on aish.com. Tried it and thought it was great. Just wanted to share it.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, halved lengthwise
- 2 lbs small mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic; saute until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Discard garlic.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add mushrooms and parsley; saute until mushrooms are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to container; cover and chill until cold.
- (Can be made 2 days ahead, Keep chilled).
- Drain mushrooms before serving.