Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taste of Home; family favorite
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 lbs small fresh mushrooms
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water and lemon juice to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain; cool.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl with carrots, celery, green pepper, onion, parsley, and olives.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl or a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake or mix well.
- Pour over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Yummmm!! My husband and I both love mushrooms and olives. This was perfect for us. I chose to use red wine vinegar and doubled the amount of garlic. The marinade was nice and zesty. Thanks for an easy summer salad.
This is a pretty good salad, but I really think the olives do more damage than add flavor. Out of all the salads I made for last night's cookout, this one was the least popular. I followed the recipe exactly as written (okay, I used a red pepper instead of a green one). I do plan to make it again, without the olives this time. If it's better received I will update my review.
I made this for a cook-out last night. We thought it was very tasty. I used white wine vinegar in the dressing which turned out very zesty. I added a little salt and pepper to the salad before adding the dressing but that was the only addition. Went perfectly with the grilled kebobs. Thanks.