- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 lbs small fresh mushrooms
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring water and lemon juice to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain; cool.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl with carrots, celery, green pepper, onion, parsley, and olives.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl or a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake or mix well.
- Pour over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.