Hey Jude's Note:
These go wonderfully with cocktails and they're fun to make on your grill when you have guests over for a BBQ. I found this in a pamphlet I received while looking at Weber grills (I ended up buying one and I love it). Prep and Cook times don't reflect the 1-2 hour marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 20 slices good-quality French bread, each about 2 inches in diameter and one inch thick
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1Place the mushrooms in a large, plastic resealable bag.
- 2In a bowl, mix the wine, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over the mushrooms, press the air out of the bag and seal tightly; turn the bag to distribute the ingredients; let marinate at room temperature for 1-2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- 3Grill the bell peppers over direct medium heat until they are black and blistered all over, 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally; place the peppers in a medium bowl and cover with plastic to trap the steam; set aside for at least 10 minutes, then peel the skins from the peppers and discard the stems and seeds.
- 4Drain excess marinade from the mushrooms and grill them over direct medium heat until tender, 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally; lightly brush or spray the slices of bread on both sides with olive oil; grill until lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- 5Put the pine nuts in a medium pan over medium heat and cook until lightly toasted, 5-10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- 6Very finely chop the bell peppers, mushrooms, and pine nuts and combine all of them in a medium bowl; add the basil and stir, taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- 7Spread a very thin layer of goat cheese on one side of each slice of toasted bread; arrange about 1 tablespoon of mushroom mixture on top of each; serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Mushroom Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (2081 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 417.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g