1/1 Photo of Marinated Mozzarella (Three Variations)
This recipe makes a Tomato, a Basil and a Yoghurt Marinade for fresh mozzarella. I have only tried the basil and almond marinade myself so far and really enjoyed it. All three were written as one recipe, so I thought I might as well post them all. From 'Meine Familie & Ich', a German food and cooking magazine. It's perfect served with toasted chiabatta or foccacia bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37-59.16 ml olive oil, good quality
- 396.89 g can chopped tomatoes
- 88.74 ml orange juice
- 29.58-44.37 ml white wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 177.44 ml fresh basil (1 bundle)
- 14.79 ml ground almonds
- 59.16-73.94 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 1For the Tomato Marinade: Heat 3-4 tbsp oil and sweat the onions and garlic until golden but not brown. Add orange juice, tomatoes and 2-3 tbsp of vinegar.
- 2Simmer for approx 10 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Allow to cool.
- 4For the Basil Marinade: Trim the basil and discard any stalks.
- 5Puree the basil, almonds, 4-5 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp vinegar in a blender.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7For the Yoghurt Marinade: Whisk the yoghurt together with 1tbsp olive oil, lemon juice and a couple of dashes of tabasco (to taste). Season with salt and a pinch of sugar to taste.
- 8To finish: Divide the mozzarella into three bowls, and cover with a different marinade each.
- 9Chill for thirty minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Mozzarella (Three Variations)
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.2
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 747.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
white wine vinegar