Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderfully easy way to serve a cheese appetizer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 fresh roasted red peppers or 1 canned roasted red pepper, cut into squares
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella balls or 1⁄2 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 cubes ("1/2-3/4 inch")
- 16 small fresh basil leaves or 16 small basil leaves, torn into 1 inch pieces
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, and red pepper until blended.
- Add the roasted peppers and marinate 15 minutes.
- Add the mozzarella and toss gently, just to coat.
- Use small party picks and skewer a piece of mozzarella, a piece of red pepper, and a basil leaf together.
- Arrange on a platter and drizzle with any marinade left in the bowl.
- Serve at room temperature.