Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this quick appetizer as an intro to many meals
- 2 teaspoons McCormick spice blends monterey style
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, diced in 1 inch cubes
- 1 bunch red seedless grapes
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- Combine oil, vinegar and Spice Blends together.
- Toss cheese cubes with marinade and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Arrange marinated cheese and sliced French bread on appetizer plate and garnish with red seedless grapes.
I also had a hard time finding the Monterey Spice Blend. I emailed McCormick and they informed me that it had been discontinued. They suggested using their ROASTED GARLIC AND BELL PEPPER Spice Blends, which I did, and it was wonderful! Thanks for a great recipe.
Like the other reviewers, I couldn't find the specified seasoning, so I used Penzeys Tuscan Seasoning. The marinade was very good, we were dunking our bread into it as we were eating. The only thing I would do differently is maybe cut the cheese into smaller squares.
Great recipe! I did have to cheat a little because I couldn't find the spice blend here, either. So took another reviewer's advice and used italian seasoning. It was delicious! I served with slices of a small loaf of french bread plated with a small amount of balsamic vinegar on the bottom. Next time, might change up the spices a bit; wish I could find the monterrey blend! Thanks so much for posting this great recipe!