Recipe by Barb in WNY
An addition to an antipasto platter.
Top Review by Chef Shadows
Split decission here! Wife loved it, I thought it was so, so! I do not like Mozzarella cheese that much any way. The flavors were well combined and the over-all effect was good. I would have added more garlic and less oregano and maybe some cayenne pepper to add a little more zing. Over all a good recipe. This would be good with goat cheese! EDited 10/17/2009: We have made this many times with many variations: hot pepppers, cubing the cheese, more garlic, rosemary, and many other items. It always turns out great and can be used any where Mozzarella is called for to kick up that dish. We are raising this to 5 stars.
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar