Recipe by yamma
This is a tasty salad. You do not have to use all the macaroni at once, just keep it in the fridge and add the veggie's and mayo when you are ready to serve it. You can go wild with add ins, I like frozen peas, shredded cheddar etc.
- 1 (8 ounce) box macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, to taste (I use about 3/4 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, mustard, paprika, oil, lemon juice, and vinegar until blended.
- Pour mixture over cooked macaroni.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 4 hours (can be chilled overnight).
- Before serving, add onion, celery, green pepper and pimento.
- Add chopped eggs and enough mayonnaise to suit your taste.