Recipe by Oolala
This is actually called Marinated Jumbo Lump Crabmeat on Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Bell Pepper Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette from chef Michael Weisshaupt, the Manor, West Orange, NJ. This has was in a local magazine with a great photo. 30 minute marination is required.
For the Salad and Crab
- 4 medium portabella mushroom caps, cleaned, membrane removed
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, jumbo
- 2 teaspoons chives, cut
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons . sour cream
- Belgian endive
- 1 cup baby greens, recipe said a handful
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- cayenne pepper
For Balsamic Viniagrette
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the balsamic vinaigrette ingredients together and marinate the mushrooms in 1 cup of the vinaigrette for 30 minutes. Heat grill and place red peppers and portobellos on the griddle and grill for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While that's cooling, marinate the crabmeat with the sour cream and a drizzle of lemon juice. Season with sea salt, pepper, a hint of cayenne and chives. Mix crabmeat gently so as to not break of the lumps.
- Split the grilled peppers in half and remove skin and seeds. Cut into 1/4" wide strips, cut the mushrooms the same way.
- Split cherry tomatoes in half and combine with the mushrooms and pepper salad, add the remaining balsamic vinaigrette but leave a few spoonfuls aside for garnishing the plate. Spread the mushroom and pepper salad in the center of the each of 4 plates. Place 3 leaves of Belgian endive on top and fill with the crabmeat. Garnish with baby greens. Drizzle the viniagrette around the plate for taste and presentation.