Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light 2009
Make and share this Marinated London Broil recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs boneless top round steaks, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Pierce steak with a fork. Add steak to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Scrape shallots and garlic from steak; discard shallots and garlic. Place steak on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle steak evenly with salt and pepper. Broil 4 inches from heat for 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.