Recipe by WendyMaq
Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet online. Phase 1. Meat needs to marinate for 4 hours or overnight... not included in the preparation and cooking time.
Top Review by The Thorn of Hudson, FL
This marinade was not only easy to throw together, it tasted good too. I tossed everything into a zip lock bag, threw in the London Broil and squished everything up. Put it in the frig, flipped it occasionally throughout the day and fixed it on the Foreman Grill that night. This is a keeper.
- 12 ounces london broil beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces dry red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together oil, wine, garlic, parsley, oregano, bayleaf, and pepper in small bowl.
- Place steak in a deep bowl and pour on the marinade, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours -- preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat broiler or grill.
- Discard marinade and bay leaf.
- Broil 5-7 minutes each side (or until thermometer inserted in center registers 145 degrees F) for medium-rare.