Recipe by Mirj
From Cooking Light -- this makes a tasty salad, ideal for vegans.
Top Review by Sackville
This wasn't bad but I did feel it was a little bland. Something is missing, in my opinion, but I'm not sure what. However, it is easy to make, very healthy and I think with a couple more spices or herbs it could be really special.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsnip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried lentils
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Set aside.
- To prepare the salad, cook the parsnip and carrot in 6 cups boiling water for 1 minute or until tender; remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
- Add lentils; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender; drain in a colander.
- Combine parsnip, carrot, lentils, celery, onions, and parsley in a bowl; stir in vinaigrette.
- Marinate at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.