Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very colorful and delicious make ahead dish for your next party or picnic.
- 1 cup fresh Brussels sprout
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- grated lemon zest (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and broccoli and return to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked vegetables and the tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Note: I like to combine vinaigrette ingredients and let them sit for a while for the flavors to develop before adding the veggies.