Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This rercipe comes from a recent issue of American Profile magazine. Preparation time does not include time needed for chicken breasts to marinate. NOTE: For some reason or other I'm not being allowed to indicate, in the list of ingredients, the amount of garlic to use, which is 3 cloves (as indicated in the directions)!
FOR THE MARINADE and CHICKEN
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- FOR THE MARINADE & CHICKEN: In a large bowl, combine 3 cloves of garlic (minced), oil, sugar, rosemary, thyme, zest, salt & pepper.
- Add chicken & toss until chicken is well coated, then cover & refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey mustard, salt & pepper.
- Preheat grill, then place chicken on grill rack & grill for 16 minutes, turning once.
- Baste chicken with lemon juice mixture, then grill 8 more minutes, turning & basting twice, until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 165 degrees F.
- Discard extra marinade & basting sauce.
My reaction to the flavors and the degree to which I licked my fingers was just inappropriate and can't even remember the rest of the menu. Made for PRMR.
We just loved this recipe!!! I did make one change, I can't stand rosemary, so omitted that, but otherwise followed the directions. My 18 yo DS just loved this chicken and he is sooooo picky, so this is definitely a 5 star recipe here. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR tag game.
Very good grilled chicken. I added a little more honey mustard to my sauce, just personal preference. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest tag.