Recipe by Shawn C
This is a great dish for a romantic summer dish. Elegant, aromatic and full of flavor. I often double the marinade and boil it for a au jus type gravy for the meat. And when served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes it is a flavor enhancement. great for OAMC and you can get some spring lamb on sale!
Top Review by bethsikkema
I made this tonight for two other couples who have never had lamb. I doubled the marinade except for the dried spices and lemon rind. Had a smaller butterflied leg so only had to grill 10 minutes per side. EXCELLENT! Boiled the leftover marinade to serve on the the side for sauce. Printed out the recipe for both couples to take home!
- 5 lbs boneless leg of lamb, butterflied flat
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 large lemon, rind of, of sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons oregano or 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons basil or 5 leaves fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in bag with lamb.
- Let rest overnight. or place all in a freezer bag remove all air and freeze, while thawing overnight in fridge it will marinate itself.
- Preheat grill or coals, place grill on lowest level.
- Place lamb on grill.
- Brush with sauce.
- Grill 20 minutes, turn cook additional 15-20 minutes for slightly rare lamb.
- Remember to use twice as much fresh as dried herbs.
- Serve with roasted garlic mashed potatoes.