Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great dish for a romantic summer dish. Elegant, aromatic and full of flavor. I often double the marinade and boil it for a au jus type gravy for the meat. And when served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes it is a flavor enhancement. great for OAMC and you can get some spring lamb on sale!
- 5 lbs boneless leg of lamb, butterflied flat
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 large lemon, rind of, of sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons oregano or 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons basil or 5 leaves fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in bag with lamb.
- Let rest overnight. or place all in a freezer bag remove all air and freeze, while thawing overnight in fridge it will marinate itself.
- Preheat grill or coals, place grill on lowest level.
- Place lamb on grill.
- Brush with sauce.
- Grill 20 minutes, turn cook additional 15-20 minutes for slightly rare lamb.
- Remember to use twice as much fresh as dried herbs.
- Serve with roasted garlic mashed potatoes.