Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Australian Table magazine. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 8 lamb fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind of
- 125 ml fresh lemon juice (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups firmly packed flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 60 ml extra vergin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- Place lamb in a shallow non-metal bowl. Combine oil, lemon rind and juice, vinegar and italian herbs in a bowl and season to taste. Pour over lamb and turn to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat a barbecue plate on medium-high. Cook lamb on barbecue, frequently basting with marinade, 4 minutes each side for medium, or to desired done-ness. Transfer to a platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- For Feta and Parsley Pesto, place parsley, capers, oil, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Remove, stir through feta and season to taste.
- Serve lamb topped with Pesto.
I make this frequently - although use pepitas (pumpkin seeds) in the pesto rather than capers. It's delicious and looks wonderful. I've also used the parsley pesto (with pepitas) as a stuffing for chicken fillets.