1/1 Photo of Marinated Lamb Popsicles With Fenugreek Cream Curry
This recipe is a signature dish at Vij's Indian restaurant in Vancouver BC. It is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at.
My Private Note
Lamb Po ...
Units: US | Metric
For the popsicles
- 2 -3 french cut racks of lamb (with the bone cleaned down to the chop)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grainy yellow mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the Curry Cream
- 1Cut the racks of lamb into the'popsicles' by slicing the chops in between the bones.
- 2Mix the white wine, mustard and salt together in a large bowl, then add the popsicles, turning to coat them on all sides.
- 3Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix together the whipping cream, salt, paprika, cayenne, fenugreek flakes and lemon juice.
- 5In a medium-sized, heavy pot, sauté the crushed garlic in the canola oil.
- 6Once the garlic is golden in colour, add the turmeric, stir and heat for one minute.
- 7Add the whipping cream mixture, stir and heat on low to medium heat for a few minutes.
- 8(the water in the whipping cream will evaporate, thickening the sauce. If your heat is too high, the cream will separate.) If making the sauce a day ahead, let the garlic mixture cool completely, then add to the cream mixture and refrigerate.
- 9Thicken the sauce close to serving time by heating gently.
- 10Grill the popsicles just before you are ready to serve your meal.
- 11You can either pour the cream curry over the grilled popsicles or use it as a dipping curry for them.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Lamb Popsicles With Fenugreek Cream Curry
Serving Size: 1 (1260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.9
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 266.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks of lamb
dried fenugreek leaves