Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another quickie for the BBQ apart from the marinating time which is 3 hours and not included in the prep time.
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 1 cup low fat natural yogurt or 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared mint sauce
- 2 large red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- Add the lamb cutlets.
- Toss to coat and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat BBQ to medium heat.
- For honeyed onions.
- heat oil on BBQ plat or griddle, add onions.
- cook, stirring constantly for 10 min's.
- Add vinegar and honey and cook, stirring for a further 5 Min's until onions are soft and golden.
- For the chops.
- Drain chops and discard marinade.
- Cook on a lightly oiled BBQ for 2-3 Min's per side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve lamb with onions.
Simple and quick Easy to prepare and tasty too.
Beautifull! Wonderful marinade and the honeyed onions were a great complement. One of those simple recipes where the results are fantastic and it tastes like a lot more time was spent on it.