Prep 8 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Easy-to-make marinated lamb chops was adapted from Bon Appetit (September, 1981). Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packagegood seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 peppercorns or 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 lamb chops
- Combine first six ingredients (salad dressing mix- oregano) in small bowl and stir well.
- Arrange chops in marinating dish and pour marinade over chops.
- Refrigerate at at least 8 hours.
- Preheat broiler or prepare grill.
- Broil or grill chops 4 inches from heat source until meat is cooked to desired doneness, turning and basting with marinade (about 10-15 minutes each side depending on thickness of lamb chops and degree of doneness desired).
Easy cooking! The Italian salad dressing was a nice change, I marinated them in a ziplock bag, nice taste but a little mild for lamb chops. Broiled them about 8 minutes a side, medium rare. Thanks for sharing!
Excellent!! The chops were so thick I first seared them....broiled next. They were still rare so I finished by baking them....We loved the flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Ellie.
Thank you -- THANK you !! I LOVE lamb --- DH thinks it all tastes (and smells) like MUTTON !! We had marinated chops at a friend's house last year -- and he thought they were wonderful ! I found some loin chops at Costco, and prepared THIS recipe, marinated all day-- and DH agreed to grill them. Served with Mediterranean Israeli couscous, and spanikopita. Was a WONDERFUL meal !! Both of us truly enjoyed it -- thanks so much, ellie_, this will be made many more times !!