Recipe by Oolala
This is from The Nova Scotia Inns and Restaurants Cookbook (1985) and this recipe hails from the Normaway Inn. Sounds easy to prepare with canned tomatoes, red wine, garlic...mmmmm!
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, seeds removed, pureed
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 lamb loin chops
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, wine, garlic, thyme, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over the lamb chops and marinate for 3 hours.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat for 10 minutes on the first side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and broil the other side for 7 minutes or until done.